Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Busy Weekend

On Friday, we had a play date with Katelyn and Anderson. They had so much fun playing in the ball pit, playing tea party, and much more. Emily and I had a great time talking and catching up. Shannon came by and brought Channing for a visit, too. It was like the romper room with all of them in the living room!

On Saturday, Mom, Jessica, Anna Claire and I went to a baby shower for a Forest Park friend. Anna Claire and I spent the afternoon at home while Mom and Jessica shopped. Saturday night, Jessica and I went out to eat with some old friends we haven't seen in a while. We ended up going to Gator's after dinner and ran into 2 other groups of old friends. It was so much fun!

Anna Claire and I went to church this morning and I found out about the Easter Egg Hunt. I thought it was yesterday and we had missed it, but we didn't. After church, we came home and while I was feeding Anna Claire her lunch, she reached for the spoon. So I decided to give it a try and let her feed herself today. I didn't get adventurous and let her dip the spoon in the food, but this was a big step for me. I was so surprised! She got almost every bite into her mouth, but didn't want to let go of the spoon. She ate every single bite of her lunch!

After her nap, I took her up back to the church for the egg hunt. It was on the Sonshine Playground. They hunted by age groups so we got to go first. The eggs were really easy to find, but Anna Claire had a great time discovering them. She held onto my finger and took a few steps and said ,"BALL!" (Anything that is round is a ball these days.) She sat down and tried to open the egg like we had shown her at Mom's house. She picked up 5 eggs and handed them to me. I couldn't get her to put them in the basket. But that was good enough for me. It was such a special afternoon and a beautiful Palm Sunday.


Hey, how do we break out of here?


At the Easter Egg Hunt





Checking out the loot back home


No comments: